The Hinds County Safety Department strives to provide and promote a safe, stabile environment for the employees, residents and visitors of Hinds County, Ms. It is the desire to ensure all reasonable efforts are sought to make Hinds County a safe, healthful and enjoyable place to work, live and visit.
- Primarily responsible for the administration and development of a safety program for reducing accidents and controlling costs associated with safety hazards.
- Provide a means for the reporting and monitoring of the Workers Compensation, Liability and Automobile accident claims for the Board of Supervisors.
- Management of the School Crossing Guard Department.
- Promote safety awareness through employee safety training
- Provide periodic building and equipment inspections
- Provide professional assistance with accident claims
- Ensure medical treatment is provided to injured employees
- Monitor automobile accident claims by department
- Provide insurance information to all accident parties
- Seek reimbursement for damage losses to Hinds County property and vehicles
- Monitor insurance reimbursements to Hinds County
- Provide School Crossing Guards at the Hinds County Public Schools